- Full Description
- More Information
- Author Biography
- Customer Reviews
Student and Instructor Benefits
- Educates students on the importance of cultural and linguistic competency training for anyone working in health care.
- Gives students an understanding about the cultural attitudes toward illness, death, and dying, as well as sexuality, pregnancy, and birth practices.
- Advises students how to avoid cultural taboos in healthcare delivery.
- Teaches students how to ask future patients appropriate questions without making assumptions before taking into account patients’ cultural uniqueness.
- Offers flexibility, allowing instructors to spend more time educating students about the specific cultural groups that are more prevalent in their local population
- Extensively updated to show the dynamic nature of U.S. immigration patterns and the changing nature and needs of patient populations.
- New illustrations, charts, and maps engage students and help them better comprehend key concepts.
- New colorful photographs illustrate the diversity and richness of immigrant culture.
- New chapter questions challenge students to think critically and present opportunities for class discussion.
- New exercises, such as role plays or group activities, assist instructors in planning lessons and enhancing student interaction.
- Expanded lists of Keys to Good Relationships with Patients provide a handy reference guide for busy healthcare professionals.
|Dimensions||229 x 152|
|Date Published||28 Feb 2015|
|Publisher||Paradigm Education Solutions|
|Subject/s||Ethnic minorities & multicultural studies   General practice  |